BMF (aka Black Mafia Family) has quickly become one of Starz’s most popular and acclaimed series. The crime drama tells the true story of brothers Demetrius “Big Meech” Flenory and Terry “Southwest T” Flenory, who rose to lead one of the most influential crime families in America in the late 1980s.
Season 2 premiered in early 2023 and was met with strong viewership and reviews. Now fans are eagerly anticipating the next installment in the Flenory brothers’ story. Here is everything we know so far about BMF season 3.
BMF Season 3 Release Date
BMF was renewed for a third season on January 18, 2023, just a few days after the second episode of season 2 debuted. This early renewal is a testament to the show’s popularity. However, Starz has not yet announced an official premiere date for BMF season 3.
The first two seasons followed a yearly release schedule, with season 1 airing from September to November 2021 and season 2 premiering in January 2023. If the show maintains this pattern, we could expect BMF season 3 to debut sometime in early 2024.
However, the COVID-19 pandemic disrupted many production schedules, so it’s possible season 3 could face delays. Starz also may strategically choose a different release window to optimize ratings and buzz. Fans will have to wait for an official announcement to know the exact BMF season 3 release date.
BMF Season 3 Cast
The core cast of characters in the Flenory family is expected to return for season 3:
- Demetrius “Lil Meech” Flenory Jr. as Demetrius “Big Meech” Flenory – The co-founder of BMF who orchestrated its rise into a national drug empire.
- Da’Vinchi as Terry “Southwest T” Flenory – Meech’s brother who helped him build the organization.
- Russell Hornsby as Charles Flenory – Meech and Terry’s father, who will play a bigger role going forward.
Other key players who will likely be back include:
- Michole Briana White as Lucille Flenory – The brothers’ devoted mother.
- Ajiona Alexus as Kato – Meech’s girlfriend and the mother of his child.
- Eric Kofi-Abrefa as Lamont Coleman – A fellow drug dealer tied to the Flenory organization.
There’s also room for new additions to the cast as the story expands and introduces more real-life figures. Season 3 may feature characters based on other significant BMF associates like Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson and Kamilah Smith.
BMF Season 3 Plot
Starz has not released an official synopsis to reveal story details for the third season. But the ending of season 2 set up some clear plot threads that are likely to play out:
- Terry’s arrest – The season 2 finale saw Terry taken into police custody, threatening the future of BMF. Season 3 will have to deal with the fallout of his incarceration.
- Expanding the business – Even with Terry gone, Meech looked to grow BMF’s reach across the country. Season 3 should show the continued push into new markets.
- Police scrutiny – Detective Bryant’s investigation started to expose the Flenory brothers’ operation. Season 3 will increase the legal pressure on the family.
- Power struggles – Lamont Coleman challenged Meech’s leadership, causing rising internal tensions. These dynamics within the organization will play a central role going forward.
- Meech’s love life – Meech’s relationship with Kato grew strained. Season 3 will continue to explore how his work affects his personal connections.
The third season has plenty of strong source material to draw from, as Meech and Terry’s empire grew to its peak before a downfall that included Terry’s conviction and Meech’s escape to Mexico.
BMF Season 3 Trailer
There is no trailer available yet for BMF season 3, as the next installment has not started production. Season 2 trailers were released about a month ahead of the season premiere, so we can expect something similar for the third season.
Once Starz begins releasing promotional videos and teasers, it will offer the first look at new footage and hints about storylines. Key scenes to look for may include Terry adjusting to prison life, the continued expansion of BMF’s business, and increasing personal complications for Meech.
The BMF season 3 trailer will also highlight any new cast members joining the show. Fans will want to watch closely for clues about how the drama and danger will escalate in the third installment.
Why Fans are Excited for BMF Season 3
BMF has emerged as a compelling crime family saga, with vivid characters and captivating performances that leave viewers invested. Here are some of the key reasons fans are eagerly looking ahead to season 3:
- The Flenory brothers – Meech and Terry’s complex sibling bond is the heart of the show, and fans are invested in their ambitions and difficult choices.
- Performances – Demetrius Flenory Jr. and Da’Vinchi have anchored the show with charisma and presence. Fans want to see more of their work.
- Historical story – The series dramatizes explosive real events in an era of Detroit history many are unfamiliar with. Season 3 will delve further into this fascinating history.
- Music – The soundtrack of hip-hop, R&B, and soul music gives the show style and energy. Viewers look forward to another great music lineup.
- High stakes – With legal troubles mounting and rivalries intensifying, the risks for BMF are higher than ever. Fans are hooked by the building danger.
While Starz has not set an official return date yet, devotees of the series are eager to continue the intense, entertaining ride with the next installment of BMF.
5 Key Questions for BMF Season 3
As fans eagerly await more news and the eventual premiere of BMF’s third season, here are 5 key questions they are asking about what’s next for the show:
1. How will Terry adjust to prison life?
With Terry now incarcerated, season 3 will likely explore how he navigates his new reality behind bars. Will he manage to maintain control and authority on the inside? Or will he struggle with the isolation and lack of freedom?
2. Who will fill the power vacuum left by Terry’s absence?
With Terry in prison, there will be jockeying for power within the BMF organization. Rivals like Lamont Coleman may make a play for more control in Detroit. The unstable dynamics could fuel conflicts.
3. Will the Flenory parents get more involved?
As things grow increasingly dangerous, Lucille and Charles may take a more active role trying to protect their family. Season 3 could show them stepping up out of love and concern for their children.
4. How far will Meech expand the business?
Even as legal pressures mount, Meech seems intent on reaching ambitious new heights. Season 3 will likely show BMF’s continued spread into cities like Atlanta, Miami, and Los Angeles.
5. Is a downfall inevitable?
History shows the real BMF faced a dramatic demise. Now that the cracks are showing, season 3 may document the beginning of the end for Meech and Terry’s once untouchable organization.
BMF Season 3: What to Expect for the Main Characters
BMF’s third season promises to be a pivotal chapter for the show’s central figures. Here is an overview of what may be in store for the main characters when season 3 premieres.
Demetrius “Big Meech” Flenory – Played by Demetrius Flenory Jr.
With brother Terry in prison, Big Meech will be forced to take on an even more prominent leadership role. Season 3 will likely show his ambitions tipping into reckless overreach. Expect tensions with his family, girlfriend, and inner circle to boil over as Meech faces threats from all sides.
Terry “Southwest T” Flenory – Played by Da’Vinchi
Terry’s incarceration will throw him into an environment where his power is severely checked. Season 3 may depict him forging uneasy alliances and asserting his strength in the face of dangerous fellow inmates who want to exploit any weakness.
Kato – Played by Ajiona Alexus
Kato will have to contend with the increasing distance from Meech as he becomes more absorbed in expanding the business. She may have to make hard choices balancing her love for him with his preoccupation with BMF.
Charles Flenory – Played by Russell Hornsby
The disapproval Meech and Terry’s father feels for their criminal livelihoods will likely only grow in season 3. He could take a tougher stance, even cutting ties, if they won’t walk away from the drug empire they built.
Lamont Coleman – Played by Eric Kofi-Abrefa
Having challenged Big Meech’s authority, the calculating Lamont Coleman will certainly continue vying for more control of BMF’s Detroit operations. Their rivalry could erupt into an all-out war next season.
BMF Season 3: Predictions and Theories
With anticipation high for the next chapter of BMF, fans have plenty of theories about what twists and turns season 3 might take. Here are some popular predictions for what could happen when the show returns.
Meech will have a new love interest
With tensions rising between Meech and Kato, he may seek comfort in a new relationship. Some think he could reconnect with his estranged wife Tammy or become involved with another woman.
Terry will get early release from prison
Terry’s legal team could score him an early release due to prison overcrowding or a plea deal. This may put him back on the streets sooner than expected.
BMF will start facing RICO charges
The ongoing police investigation into the Flenory organization could build a Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) case against them. This would raise the legal stakes significantly.
Meech’s reckless behavior will increase
The pressure of Terry’s imprisonment may cause Meech to spiral into riskier behavior involving drugs, violence, and betrayal of allies. His self-destructive tendencies could worsen.
The Flenory parents will cut ties
Charles and Lucille could finally reach a breaking point and cut off Meech and Terry to protect the rest of the family. This would isolate the brothers when they most need support.
Police will turn members against BMF
Law enforcement may exploit cracks in the organization and flip key members into informants. The tight-knit BMF could begin turning on itself under police pressure.
A dangerous rival will emerge
A formidable new antagonist, either an outside threat or warring faction within BMF, could challenge the Flenory brothers’ power. This new nemesis could be their gravest test yet.
BMF Season 3: What the Cast and Crew Are Saying
Although Starz has yet to announce a premiere date, the cast and creative team behind BMF have started to offer some hints about the upcoming third season. Here are the key details revealed so far.
Showrunner Randy Huggins on Meech’s mindset next season:
“He’s fighting for the organization and fighting for his freedom…So season 3 is really about how far he’ll go to do that – the lengths at which he’ll go to make sure he tries to stay out of the crosshairs of law enforcement.”
Demetrius “Lil Meech” Flenory Jr. on playing his real-life father:
“Every season, it gets more challenging. As I continue this journey…I learn so much more about my father and his life. It gives me an opportunity to grow as a man.”
Da’Vinchi on Terry’s incarceration:
“We’re going to see Terry in a situation we would never imagine him being in…He doesn’t have the reins or power. We’ll see if he can maintain the status he’s had on the outside.”
Michole Briana White on Lucille’s continued inner conflict:
“She loves her children so much, but she is still struggling with accepting some of the things they’re doing. Lucille’s still trying to save her boys.”
Crew member Robert Teitel on plans for season 3:
“We’re looking forward to season 3. It will focus on the relationships, the family drama, the human dynamics…Now that we’ve established the BMF world, it’s about going deeper.”
Though details remain limited, the team is clearly excited to continue expanding the drama and relationships that have made BMF such a compelling viewing experience.
6 Key Things That May Happen in BMF Season 3
Based on where season 2 left off and hints from the cast and creators, here are 6 potential developments to watch for when BMF returns for season 3.
1. Meech expanding BMF operations out West
Meech had ambitions to grow BMF’s reach to cities like Los Angeles. Season 3 could show him forging new partnerships and territories out West.
2. Increased legal pressure from law enforcement
With detectives like Bryant building a case, season 3 is likely to raise the legal stakes and threat of major charges against key BMF figures.
3. Escalating conflict between Meech and Lamont Coleman
Meech and Coleman’s brewing power struggle could erupt into an all-out war for control in Detroit’s drug trade.
4. Terry’s difficult adjustment to prison life
Terry’s confinement is likely to put him through culture shocks and tests of his authority on the inside.
5. More insight into Charles and Lucille Flenory’s perspective
Meech and Terry’s parents may play a bigger role as they grapple with how to protect their sons and family.
6. The introduction of new real-life characters
Season 3 could introduce influential associates like Kamilah, 50 Cent, and others who were part of the historic BMF syndicate.
BMF Season 3 on Starz: Why the Wait?
With season 2 leaving fans on a cliffhanger and hungry for more, some are wondering why Starz has yet to announce a firm return date for BMF. Here are some potential factors behind the wait for season 3.
- Production schedules – Staggered filming and post-production takes significant time, especially for a high-quality show like BMF. Building in breaks can prevent crew burnout.
- COVID-19 uncertainties – The pandemic disrupted many productions, so Starz is likely still taking precautions to keep casts and crews safe.
- Tightening scripts – Showrunner Randy Huggins said they will take time to refine storylines and character arcs before filming. Fully developed scripts translate to stronger seasons.
- Scheduling considerations – Choosing the right air date that works for talent schedules and gives the season the best launch pad for ratings is a strategic decision.
- Building hype – Keeping fans waiting and speculating during the downtime between seasons helps build anticipation and excitement for the eventual premiere.
- Perfecting promotion – Trailers, ads, and PR campaigns take extensive preparation to get right. Starz will take its time readying how they roll out teasers.
So while the wait for concrete details is agonizing, remember that patience and care securing the ingredients for a stellar third season will make the payoff even sweeter when BMF finally returns.
Analyzing the BMF Season 2 Finale Cliffhanger
BMF’s season 2 finale, “New Beginnings,” left viewers with a dramatic cliffhanger that set the stage for an intense third season. Let’s break down the key details from the shocking episode that will drive the story forward next season.
- Terry’s arrest – In the final scene, Detroit police raid a wedding Terry is attending and haul him away in handcuffs. With Terry now incarcerated, Meech will have to lead BMF without his trusted partner.
- Meech’s independence – Even after Lamont Coleman challenged his leadership, Meech chose to move forward with ambitious expansion plans, showing his willingness to take bigger risks.
- Charles’ plea – In an emotional encounter, Charles urged Meech to leave Detroit and start fresh away from the dangerous path he’s on. Meech refused, straining their father-son bond.
- Lucille’s doubts – Still reeling from the shooting by Lamont’s crew, Lucille questioned whether she can accept her sons’ criminal livelihood. But ultimately her maternal instinct to protect them prevailed.
- Kato’s uncertainty – With Meech becoming increasingly distant and obsessed with growing BMF, Kato worried that he’s leaving little room for their relationship.
- Bryant’s investigation – Detective Bryant continued working various angles to build a case against BMF. His progress is bringing the law closer to the Flenory empire.
The finale clearly set up season 3 to focus on the legal threats encircling BMF leadership, the strained family dynamics given their crimes, and challenging personal relationships as ambition clashes with loved ones’ concern. The stage is set for an intense new chapter in the Flenory brothers’ saga.
Unanswered Questions Fans Need Resolved in BMF Season 3
The dramatic season 2 finale left many unresolved storylines and mysteries that fans will be eager to see addressed when the show returns for season 3. Here are some major unanswered questions that need to be resolved.
- Will Terry be able to run BMF from inside prison?
- How severe will the legal charges against Terry and BMF be?
- What was in the security footage that Bryant uncovered?
- Who shot Lamont’s brother Mo? Will there be retaliation?
- Will tensions erupt into war between Meech and Lamont?
- Will Meech’s family ties be irreparably damaged by